Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Matt Fraction Day

So, I assume you're going to get the final issue of Matt Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist, and you'll probably get his Thor one-shot because the first one was good, and you expect this one to be good also, but are you going to pick up Young Avengers Presents #6?

Well, you really should.

I'll be reviewing it for CBR today or tomorrow, and I just read a preview copy, and guess what? It's really, good. Art by Alan Davis. Script by Fraction. I literally laughed out loud at one point--and comics never make me laugh out loud. I am serious and humorless. But Young Avengers Presents #6 snapped me out of that. I loved it. And after the lackluster issues in this series so far, you were probably going to skip issue #6 entirely, weren't you?

Don't. You'll like it. Trust me.

5 comments:

Timothy Callahan said...

Well, I also read a preview of X-Men: Legacy, and if it makes you feel any better, you DON'T have to buy that one. (Psst. It's not very good.)

Chad Nevett said...

Well, that's a relief...

I was actually on the fence over the Young Avengers special, because it is such a big week--not a smart move by Marvel since it makes people like me only pick up titles on our pull lists and less likely to try something new. But, yeah, if the shop has a copy, I'll get it. I do love me some Fraction.

Marc Caputo said...

Last week, I bought what will probably be my last X-Factor. Today, despite the warnings, I'll buy my last Uncanny and Legacy; I'm jumping off the train before the next set and going to trades. Ditto for Iron Fist.

This week is insane.

Timothy Callahan said...

I should switch over to trades too. Will I? Nope.

Marc Caputo said...

You know, I love comics like nothing else (media-wise, that is). But this last year has made me take a cold, hard look at what's out there. I don't want to get to the point where I stop reading altogether because of my perception of my weekly take is "Bleh" (I'm not a "Meh." man)

Hopefully, the summer will re-ignite my passion for the weekly offerings as I can devote more time to writing.

You and Chad keep me hanging in there, though.