Saturday, January 10, 2009

What I'm Watching: Budd Boetticher

Last week, I was asked to contribute to the "What Are You Reading?" section for the Robot 6 launch, and it made me think that I should do something like that each week on my very own blog. So this is the first installment of "What I'm Watching" and tomorrow you'll get the first installment of "What I'm Reading." It gives me something to write about on the weekends other than comic book reviews, and it will be interesting to see what you guys are all watching and reading too.

What I'm watching this week: Budd Boetticher Box Set. I've already watched the documentary on Boetticher: A Man Can Do That, and last night I watched The Tall T, which is a brilliant western that's shocking in its vicious austerity.

Hopefully I'll be able to fit in some more Boetticher over the weekend, but, you know, NFL playoffs and all. Football is good.

What are you watching?

2 comments:

Justin Steiner said...

This weekend I rewatched the first half of the last season of BSG, in preparation for the final 10 episodes. Plus, my wife hadn't seen them yet and now she's all caught up too.

I also watched a few eps of Flight of the Conchords, another show of which I'm anticipating the return.

Chad Nevett said...

Watched a few Kevin Smith movies with the GF this weekend since she'd only seen his first two. This evening, I watched Michael Clayton alone.